Slip and fall accidents cause very serious injuries in Delta. After an accident, victims are left dealing with very serious injuries, which incur high medical bills. In many cases, victims cannot return to work right away to pay for those high medical expenses. Under premises liability law in Delta, when a slip and fall accident was due to the negligent actions of a property owner, accident victims can hold them responsible for paying damages. If you or someone you love has been hurt, a Delta slip and fall accident lawyer can help you recover the full compensation you are entitled to.
What Causes a Slip and Fall Accident?
A number of different hazards can cause a slip and fall accident in Delta. The most common causes that form the basis of accident claims are as follows:
- Spilled liquid in stores and restaurants
- Uncleared snow, ice, or slush
- Cords or other loose items strewn across walking areas
- Freshly mopped walkways, particularly when there is a lack of warning signs
- Frayed or torn carpeting
- Broken steps on stairways
- Lack of guard rails or handrails on steps and at places at higher heights
- Inadequate lighting
- Sudden changes in elevation
- Holes in pavement
It is not uncommon for business and property owners to try to shift blame to the accident victim. They do this by arguing that the victim was negligent and contributed to, or caused the accident entirely and so, they are not entitled to damages. It is crucial to defend against these claims so you claim the maximum damages you deserve.
“I have had the pleasure of working with Mr. Martin on several occasions and have been extremely pleased with my experiences. He is professional, efficient and knowledgeable. He is truly an asset to have on your side when it comes to navigating the legal world.”Donald V.
“I have used Dan Shaffer as counsel for myself and my family for over 10 years. He always returns my calls and emails. He and his staff really seem to care about their work and clients. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend his services to anyone with serious legal problems. ”JK - 2018
“Mr. Martin has been a huge help to me in navigating a wide range of legal issues in both my personal and professional life. His wide-ranging knowledge and exceptional legal expertise have made him an incredible resource, and his personal approach and sense of humor have made him a real friend.”Bryan M.
“My family sought Mr. Shaffer’s services for our daughter who was facing very serious charges. He was thoughtful and compassionate throughout her cases and helped us understand what was happening as every turn. I would strongly recommend his services to anyone with serious legal problems.”Traci C. - 2016
“I have been represented by Brent Martin on a number of matters. In each case, Brent’s work was timely, efficient and showed an excellent grasp on both the law and the facts at issue. He was available when I needed him and was very good at explaining the often complex issues involved. I highly recommend Brent and his firm.”Michael L.
“If you are looking for an attorney, Daniel Shaffer is excellent. He is not only highly effective and bright, but is also a thoughtful and caring individual. Dan’s legal expertise has helped me and my family immensely, and we couldn’t be more grateful. He and his team are wonderful to work with!”J and G H - 2017
What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
The steps you take after a slip and fall accident can make or break your claim. To ensure you recover the full settlement you deserve, the most important steps to take after an accident include:
- Report the accident: You should never leave the scene of the accident until you have reported it to the business or property owner. If you fell on the property of a business, you may be asked to fill out an incident form. You can fill this out, but do not go into too much detail about the accident, and always ask for a copy of the report.
- Document everything: While still at the scene, document the accident by taking photos and videos of relevant information. Also locate witnesses and ask for their contact information.
- Seek medical attention: You must seek medical attention to protect your own well-being, and also so the insurance company does not argue you were not hurt.
- Contact a slip and fall accident lawyer: A Delta slip and fall accident lawyer will refute claims that you were at fault for the accident, conduct an investigation, collect evidence, and help you recover the full damages you deserve.
After a slip and fall, never provide any statements to an insurance company until you have spoken to a lawyer and limit your communication with the property owner.
Call Our Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Delta Today
If you or someone you love has been hurt in an accident, our Delta slip and fall accident lawyers at Cimarron Ridge Legal Group are here to help. We are dedicated to helping accident victims during one of the most difficult times of their life, and we want to help you, too. Call us today at (970) 644-5194 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.