What Causes a Slip and Fall Accident?
A number of different hazards can cause a slip and fall accident in Delta. The most common causes that form the basis of accident claims are as follows:
- Spilled liquid in stores and restaurants
- Uncleared snow, ice, or slush
- Cords or other loose items strewn across walking areas
- Freshly mopped walkways, particularly when there is a lack of warning signs
- Frayed or torn carpeting
- Broken steps on stairways
- Lack of guard rails or handrails on steps and at places at higher heights
- Inadequate lighting
- Sudden changes in elevation
- Holes in pavement
It is not uncommon for business and property owners to try to shift blame to the accident victim. They do this by arguing that the victim was negligent and contributed to, or caused the accident entirely and so, they are not entitled to damages. It is crucial to defend against these claims so you claim the maximum damages you deserve.