He has been admitted to practice in Colorado and Wisconsin, and has handled client matters and litigation in a number of states including California, Washington, Arizona, Texas, North Dakota, Michigan, Georgia, Ohio and New York. He is the recipient of Martindale-Hubbell’s highest Peer Review Rating (“AV Preeminent”), receiving a 5.0 of 5.
Charlie grew up in rural Michigan, the son of an insurance agent and a homemaker. He put himself through college and law school selling life insurance, working on pipeline crews in the Gulf of Mexico, and other jobs.
Charlie is married to Laura and has two children. Kate graduated from New York University, is married, and owns a clothing store in the lower East Village in New York City. Chas graduated with a Mechanical Engineering degree from the University of Wisconsin – Madison, is also married, and is a director with WeWork.
- University of Michigan Law School – J.D., 1980.
- Western Michigan University (Honors College) – B.S. Business, 1977.
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Non-Resident Lawyers Division of the Wisconsin Bar Association
- American Association for Justice