At Cimarron Ridge Legal Group, our Delta car accident attorneys are skilled, experienced advocates for injured victims. We know how to go up against the big insurance companies. If you or someone you know was hurt in a motor vehicle collision, we are here to help you get justice and compensation. To set up a free, no obligation consultation with a top-rated Colorado auto accident lawyer, please call us at (970) 644-5194 or reach out to us directly online.
An Overview of Colorado’s Car Accidents Laws
Were you injured in a motor vehicle crash in Delta County? If so, your claim falls under Colorado state law. It is crucial that you have a basic understanding of the rules and regulations that will affect your rights. Here are three key things to know about the car accident laws in Colorado:
- Three Year Statute of Limitations: Under Colorado state law, a personal injury claim for a car accident has to be filed within three years of the date of the crash. If you fail to act before the legal deadline, your case will be dismissed. Call a Delta car accident attorney as soon as possible after a wreck.
- Liability is Based on Fault: Colorado is an at-fault motor vehicle collision state. The driver (or other parties) deemed responsible for causing an accident can be held liable for the resulting damages.
- Comparative Fault Standard: Under C.R.S. § 13-21-111, Colorado uses a comparative negligence legal standard. In effect, this means that each party to a traffic collision will be held liable for their “share” of the blame.
“I have had the pleasure of working with Mr. Martin on several occasions and have been extremely pleased with my experiences. He is professional, efficient and knowledgeable. He is truly an asset to have on your side when it comes to navigating the legal world.”Donald V.
“I have used Dan Shaffer as counsel for myself and my family for over 10 years. He always returns my calls and emails. He and his staff really seem to care about their work and clients. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend his services to anyone with serious legal problems. ”JK - 2018
“Mr. Martin has been a huge help to me in navigating a wide range of legal issues in both my personal and professional life. His wide-ranging knowledge and exceptional legal expertise have made him an incredible resource, and his personal approach and sense of humor have made him a real friend.”Bryan M.
“My family sought Mr. Shaffer’s services for our daughter who was facing very serious charges. He was thoughtful and compassionate throughout her cases and helped us understand what was happening as every turn. I would strongly recommend his services to anyone with serious legal problems.”Traci C. - 2016
“I have been represented by Brent Martin on a number of matters. In each case, Brent’s work was timely, efficient and showed an excellent grasp on both the law and the facts at issue. He was available when I needed him and was very good at explaining the often complex issues involved. I highly recommend Brent and his firm.”Michael L.
“If you are looking for an attorney, Daniel Shaffer is excellent. He is not only highly effective and bright, but is also a thoughtful and caring individual. Dan’s legal expertise has helped me and my family immensely, and we couldn’t be more grateful. He and his team are wonderful to work with!”J and G H - 2017
Victims Deserve Financial Compensation
Following a crash, you need money to pay your bills and support your family. Sadly, the large insurance carriers that handle car accident claims rarely make this part of the process easy. They fight to resolve claims for the lowest amount they can get away with. Our Delta car accident lawyers know how to maximize your financial recovery. You may be eligible to get compensation for:
- Emergency room care;
- Hospital & medical bills;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death.
You Can Rely on the Delta Car Accident Lawyers at Cimarron Ridge Legal Group
The car accident injury claims process is complicated. You need professional representation. At Cimarron Ridge Legal Group, we have decades of experience handling complex car accident injury claims. When you reach out to our law firm, you will have a chance to consult with a Delta, CO car accident attorneys who will:
- Answer your questions and explain your options;
- Investigate your crash, gathering evidence;
- Handle the insurance company paperwork;
- Represent you in settlement negotiations; and
- Take aggressive action to maximize your compensation.
Contact Our Delta, CO Auto Accident Attorneys Today
At Cimarron Ridge Legal Group, our Colorado car accident lawyers are standing by, ready to get started on your case. If you or your loved one was hurt in a car crash, we can help. Call us at (970) 644-5194 or send us a message online for a free initial consultation. We represent auto accident victims in Delta and throughout Delta County, including in Orchard City, Paonia, Cedaredge, Crawford, and Hotchkiss.